Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Things happen....

Just as I am getting my craft back on, what happens but my studio desk (a shelf in the open closet) collapses.....luckily, I was in the room at the time and was able to catch it as it fell. Nothing broken. Turns out it was probably a good thing......the shelf that I was using was actually not anchored on the wall very well and was an accident waiting to happen. I put on my carpenter britches and measured and purchased new wood, twice the depth of the previous shelf. I was also able to raise it up a little bit higher, so now my bar stool that I sit on fits beautifully under the shelf. I'm sure others could have done a much better job, but I am really proud of myself!! I quite like my new shelf.




Happy crafting to you all!

4 comments:

catieann said...

hi sweetie
Good job for fixing your shelf(table). I am so proud of you!!
I am so sorry charlie passed away. I know it was happy and sad because of his health but i know what if feels like to lose a pet you love so much.
I am visiting everyone who visited my blog and signed up for the giveaway. There are so many interesting women out there. THanks for linking me to your blog.
I have entered you in both drawings so good luck!!
Tomorrow is the day
catie

Heidi (http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/) said...

Super cool...getting your carpenter craft on... Nice new design, too! Hope you enjoy sitting up there now! Craft away!
*Heidi*

Natalea said...

Happy crafting to you too Lolly! xo natalea

Charmingdesigns said...

Thanks for coming by to visit me. Later this eve. I will take time to read more of your blog...Its always nice to find new friends!