Saturday, January 9, 2010

10 Things I Can't Live Without

Inspired by some of my fellow bloggers who have done this, I thought I would list the 10 things I can't live without.

1. My family - I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family.  I am super lucky to call my beloved mother my very best friend and confidante; I have a fantastic younger brother who is a wonderful friend; I have younger sisters (they are twins and only 18 months younger) who are good friends; I have a really nice stepfather; and an extended family of 92 year old grandmother and lovely aunts and cousins!


(mom and brother)
2.  My beloved animals - They truly make waking up each day worthwhile.  They inspire me with their unconditional love and total devotion.  I can't imagine life without them.




(some of my beloved furry children)

3.  Technology - computer, cell phone, etc - What would I do without the convenience of my cell phone and also texting?  Or how would I do without blogging, Google, Facebook, email, etc.?  Oh and I can't forget how happy my digital camera makes me!!

4.  Daytimer and To Do Lists - Despite my love of technology (see #3), I still love a good paper trail.  And I really love the concept of my paper to do lists and post-it notes!  I also have and will probably always have and use my beloved daytimer.  I am a very visual person.



5.  Hot Showers - There is nothing more comforting to me than a long, hot shower.  It is my meditation and singing time. :) It eases all my aches and pains - both physically and emotionally.


6.  Merle Norman Make-up - What can I say - I am vain and want to look good.  I've been using Merle Norman foundation for more than 25 years.  Bamboo Beige rocks!



7.  Air Conditioning - I can't stand to be hot (except in the shower ~ see #5).  I have been known to have my air conditioning still running in late November.  Enough said.



8.  Entertainment (TV/DVR and Music) - "Hi, my  name is Lolly and I am a TV/DVR-aholic."  I admit it - I love television.  I am hooked.  I love comedies (Modern Family, Big Bank Theory, to name two); I love dramas (Bones, CSI, Burn Notice, White Collar, to name a few); I love reality shows (American Idol, Biggest Loser to name some fun ones); plus so many more including Food Network shows, HGTV, etc.  There is hardly a show I don't like and with DVRs I can watch what I want without commercials.  Woot!!
And Music - well, I just love it and it feeds my soul.  My music tastes are so eclectic - I love everything from Top 40 to Country to Oldies to Gospel; I love everyone from my beloved Adam Lambert (I heart Adam so much!!) to the late great John Denver to the Black Eyed Peas to Elvis.




9.  Jewelry, Perfume, and Clothing - What can I say?  I'm vain and proud and I want to look nice.


(I love Timeless perfume from AVON)

10. Water - I love it.  It's all I drink.  I do also think it's been my secret to smooth skin and few wrinkles, even in my forties.  I gave  up caffeine and sodas about 14 years ago.  I love water!!


That's my 10!

3 comments:

The Voracious Vegan said...

YAY for water! It is all I drink too, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I didn't grow up drinking sodas or sugary drinks so I never developed a taste for them.

Okay, you have some of the cutest fur babies I have EVER seen. They are all adorable!

You are very lucky to have such a great family, and your grateful attitude is inspiring. I really liked this list, thanks for sharing.

Da said...

Hi have a nice day visit myblog http://phototrickclub.blogspot.com/

Jennifer R.D. said...

Hi Lolly,
Thanks for visiting my OWOH giveaway and making a sweet comment about my son's musical slideshow!
I love your top ten list and I heart Adam, too!
HUgs,
Jen