Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Cove

I saw the creators of this documentary called The Cove on Oprah on Earth Day and was literally sickened.  It was created by dolphin activist Ric O'Barry,director Louie Psihoyos and co-produced by Fisher Stevens.  I haven't seen the whole movie but just the Oprah Show and the trailer was a shock to my system.  I know I should watch the movie, but it is just so disturbing I am not sure I could physically get through it. 

After watching The Cove, Ric O'Barry says people will be shocked by the slaughter and inspired by the magnificence of these mammals. "It's not about intelligence. It's about consciousness. They are self-aware like humans are self-aware," Ric says. "I don't believe that the fishermen are aware of that." 




I understand that there are atrocities everywhere, even in my own area, but I think it's important to talk about all of them and to share what we learn.

Check out the trailer and I would love to know if you have seen the documentary. The slaughter begins again in September.



Lolly

No comments: