Sunday, June 13, 2010

Eat to Live and a Lovely Farmers Market

A lovely friend gave me the Eat to Live book by Joel Fuhrman and I love it.  Officially started that eating plan today.  I have been vegan (and before that vegetarian) for a long time, but I always add way too many processed foods, etc.  This feels right to me.  Prior to this, I have lost 30 pounds so far this year, but at my current weight, I have so much more to lose.....more than 100 pounds.  But actually, even more important, or at least equally as important, I believe that this will improve my health (high blood pressure, severe osteoarthritis in both knees, etc), and even prolong my life.  That's a good great amazing thing!!


To that end, my wonderful mom ( who is also my best friend) and I took a drive down to my aunts in Gordonsville, VA (about an hour and half from my house) and about a half hour in found this fantastic farmers market.  YAY!  Luscious vegetables!! 


(I am so in love with both these large cherry tomatoes and the amazing tomatoes below!! YUMMY!)


I am continually amazed and just in awe of how beautiful Virginia is.  I am so happy to have been born, raised and still living in this beautiful state!!

And finally, I have to leave you with a few pictures of some of my beloved 4-legged children......no reason....they just make me so happy!

Baby Spike....
Marty...
and dear Henry as I try to work (well, okay, I am really on Facebook, but I had intentions of working!)

I could go on with pictures of my furry 4-legged children, but I'll save that for another day!!

Peace my friends,

Lolly

7 comments:

Vegan Epicurean said...

Lolly,

Yay on starting Eat to Live! If you feel half as good on it as we do you will love it. :-) If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Alicia

Lolly said...

Thanks, Alicia. I am excited and am very encouraged by what I read in Dr. Fuhrman's book. Obviously, I am doing his plan for agressive weight loss and following the suggested menu plans initially. I just packed my breakfast and lunch for tomorrow (back to work - boo!) and am quite surprised it's actually a lot of food. Now I just have to add some exercise to my very sedentary life. I am limited somewhat since I currently use forearm crutches to walk due to my osteoarthritis. I did just get a chair exercise video so I think it is a start! God, I am rambling here! Have a great week!
~Lolly

Vegan Epicurean said...

Lolly,

I think you will find it sometimes feels like too much food, LOL. My hubby complains that it seems like all he does is chew. Both the hubby and I lost weight on the plan almost immediately. Both our blood pressures dropped like a rock as well. If you are on a blood pressure med you should keep an eye on your bp.

Good luck on the plan,
Alicia

Lolly said...

I am on a very strong, high dose (and expensive!) bp med, so will keep an eye out. I see my doc regularly. Thanks again!

~Lolly

dirtyduck said...

hi, i just started e2l about six days ago...i still havent received the book from amazon but i got the basic guidelines from Alicia(vegan Epicurean)

i just listed on my blog an article about some fast food and junk foods that are vegan but...with some really crazy ingredients.its on the yahoo main page if you want to see, im only telling you because its helping me to stay away from fast food and candy etc.are you vegan for animal reasons or health?ttysoon

michelle and her duck

dirtyduck said...

how are you doing e2l so far? its been awhile since you posted, hope to hear about whats been going on.
m

Lolly said...

Hey, Michelle. I just did a new blog tonight...the E2L program is going GREAT!!!!

Lolly