Sunday, September 23, 2007

My Studio Space....

I always enjoy reading other bloggers' posts about their studios/craft nooks, so thought I would share my space! I am actually very proud of it. The room I use is the third small bedroom in my house. I have put a LOT of stuff into the space, yet I don't ever feel crowded or overwhelmed!

First up, here is my actual work space.....I converted a closet into my "creating" area....you can't see it all in the pic, but the storage goes UP into the high recesses of the closet and still everything is very accessible. The countertops are about waist high, so I use a bar stool to sit and a small stepladder for accessing things up high. Note my constant companion, Freida (I hand raised her from the time she was about 2 weeks old) on the bar stool. What a cutie!





This is the other corner of the room with window, chair, bookshelf, etc.....excuse the unfinished floors....I laid linoleum and need to finish the edges.



Here is the corner that houses my television, desk, printer, etc. In addition to my full time job and craft endeavors, I also have an ebay business and an AVON business, so a lot of stuff happens in this room and at this desk. Note the walls are literally covered up to the ceiling with all of the pics andplacques that I have accumulated, a lot of them cat related, since I am the crazy cat lady. These are things that wouldn't go with any other room in my house, but I love them, sooooo......



This is another shelf that is next to my work area....



Note this (dusty) pic of my sewing machine (to the right of the bar stool in the flowered case). This is actually a brand new sewing maching that I bought 2 years ago.....I have yet to use it....shameful!



Another pic of the corner with my tv, printer, et.....





Well, there you have it. Portions of my beloved studio! I am so happy with how it has all turned out.

2 comments:

CatieAn said...

hi lolly
i love all the prints you have framed around your studio. I love the space.
i will share my studio when i ever get it cleaned up!
I can't live without my sewing machine!

Heidi said...

Wow. I wish I had a dedicated space. I just use my kitchen table. I'm jealous!