Saturday, November 21, 2009

Passionate about.....

I think when you share your life with the four-leggeds, you realize that "animals are my friends" - and in my case, then, how could I eat my friends?  I have my sweet pup, and my beloved cats, and even a rabbit (long story, but thanks to my niece, Mack, about 6 years ago).  I also feed the wild ones - the squirrels who eat peanuts from my hand, the birds who literally flock around me and aren't fearful, and even the geese when I see them.  

I have been vegetarian for about 14 years and became completely vegan early this year.  I always wanted to be vegan, but was convinced that I couldn't live without my eggs and cheese.  How wrong I was.  I am eating better and healthier and yummier than ever.

I have reawakened my love of cooking this year.  I have some awesome vegan cookbooks and have also been having fun "veganizing" traditional recipes.  My carnivore friends and family are amazed that my food tastes good.  Gasp!  --- you mean vegan food tastes yummy?  :)

Now to get this weight off.... It's great that I have nothing but healthy, organic, good for you food in my fridge and pantry, but......hello.....earth to Lolly....if you eat too much of it and have major portion distortion, you are NOT going to lose weight.  Sigh....I am a work in progress.

And don't worry, my friends.  I am passionate about animals and my veganism, but would never push it on anyone.  I like to share what I know and what I have learned, but it has to be a personal choice for each person.

Blessings,

Lolly


5 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Its definately a healthier lifestyle. We go veggie most of time, but I can seem to totally make the committment!

Mama Skates said...

these days, there r soooo many resources out there from cookbooks 2 websites - makes vegan/veggie eating lots easier! kudos 2 u 4 making that commitment!

ps. the kiddos & i have sort of adopted 2 stray cats that keep hanging around our home...i thought of u last night when we were feeding them ;0)

pps. thx 4 the super sweet comment on my blog! ;0)

Liz Harrell said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment... and wow. That first picture nearly made me cry. That's certainly something I've never thought about before.

Ethan Romero said...

I really enjoyed your blog posts, thank you.

Ethan Romero said...

Thanks for ssharing this